Environmental Promise 2031
What can we do? This promise also forms our environmental strategy, policy and action plan.
1. We believe that one of the great leadership challenges of our time is how we look after the natural world. The natural world has two great assets: mankind and the planet. The challenge of looking after the latter provides us with a great opportunity to bring together the former.
2. We believe all leaders need to become more engaged with this, and we need to move from rhetoric to sustainable action to have a sustainable impact.
3. We believe individually we might only be able make small differences. These differences will be different for us all, and they will not be perfect, but we will do our best. However, collectively we can make a big difference and it is important to try. The damage we are doing to the planet might be the great enemy of our time, and if so, we need to engage closely with it. You might say it is our duty to do so, or what England expects.
"If working apart we are a force powerful enough to destabilize our planet, surely working together we are powerful enough to save it". David Attenborough, COP26, 2021.
What can we do working together?
We, Nelsonspirit, promise to deliver impact by:
Bringing the environmental “E” agenda closer into the heart of our crew meetings (along with Social and Governance agendas - ESG) through:
• Permanently moving the majority of our core activity, Nelsonspirit meetings, outdoors.
• Actively seeking out environmental charities and business and encouraging them to join the crew.
• Encourage environmental topics to be explored among the leaders in the Nelsonspirit Leadership Community.
• Encourage car lift sharing and more sustainable travel to meetings.
• Promote the concept of good business, with looking after the planet being an integral part of this. Delist and avoid doing business with bad businesses.
Community Leaders Fund
Supporting good business
Norfolk Leaders Crew
Founder Nigel Cushion
Future Leaders Fund
Home First Internships
"Duty is the great business of a sea officer; all private considerations must give way to it, however painful it may be." Horatio Nelson
The crew visits Mundesley beach!
15 Jul 2022
The crew of Nelsonspirit met for a beach walk, for the final meeting before the Summer break, at Mundesley Beach.
Nelsonspirit at the Royal Norfolk Show!
29 Jun 2022
Future Leaders at Wymondham College
14 Jun 2022
Radio Interview with Stephen Bumphrey: Future Leaders
07 Jun 2022